MEGUIARS HYBRID CERAMIC QUIK CLAY KIT
Why use a clay bar on your paint? After you wash and dry your car, rub your fingertips across the top surfaces. Don’t be surprised if what you feel is the presence of harmful contaminants such as over spray, fallout, brake dust, tree sap, and more that have bonded to your paint finish. These contaminants prevent the paint from reflecting light and shining to its full potential. Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Quik Clay Kit contains everything you need to restore a smooth-as-glass finish AND leave behind a layer of Hybrid Ceramic Protection. The Included Synthetic Clay Pad is designed to perform like traditional clay yet is easier to handle and can be used over and over again! Plus, it’s dialed in to effectively remove bonded contaminants without hazing the paint. Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Detailer is not only a great lubricant, allowing the Synthetic Clay Pad to glide with ease, but will leave behind a layer of Hybrid Ceramic protection that beads water like crazy!
- Get a smooth-as-glass finish while protecting paint in just one-step
- Hybrid Ceramic Detailer lubricates the Synthetic Clay Pad & contains advanced Si02 Hybrid Ceramic protection
- Delivers enhanced slickness, shine and extreme water beading action
- Specialized Synthetic Clay Pad effectively removes bonded contaminants and smooths paint without hazing
- Premium Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel included to gently remove excess detailer
Meguiar’s latest clay kit for paint that’s as smooth as glass
If you’ve ever used a clay bar, you know how it quickly removes bonded contaminants and leaves paint smooth and slick without hazing or swirling. Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Quik Clay Kit is the latest advancement in removing above surface bonded contaminants to restore a smooth-as-glass finish. This inclusive clay kit comes with everything you need for smooth paint while also leaving behind a layer of cutting-edge Hybrid Ceramic protection. The included Synthetic Clay Pad is designed to perform like traditional clay yet is easier to handle and can be used over and again! Also included is Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Detailer that acts as a lubricant allowing the Synthetic ClayPad to glide with ease while leaving behind a layer of Hybrid Ceramic protection. With sophisticated Si02 technology, you boost shine and slickness with an extreme water beading action. Gently wipe off the Hybrid Ceramic Detailer with the included Meguiar’sSupreme Shine Microfiber Towel.
What does clay actually do?
- Automotive clay safely removes contaminants bonded on top of painted surfaces and makes the paint smooth as glass. If your paint feels rough to the touch after washing and drying, this indicates that there are bonded contaminants on the paint.
What are bonded contaminants? Paint defects fall into two separate categories:
- Above Surface Bonded Contaminants: These are things bonded on top of the paint that a wash can’t remove like tree sap mist, industrial fall out, road tar, and paint overspray. Automotive claysafely removes defects like this.
- Below Surface Defects: Things in the paint like oxidation, light scratches, swirls, water spots, bird dropping etchings, and stains. To remove light to moderate below surface defects you would use a paint cleaner or light compound like Meguiar’s Ultimate Compound.
Tips for using Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Quik Clay Kit
- Make sure that your car is washed and dried thoroughly with a pH balanced car wash like Meguiar’s Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner.
- Mist a small section with the Hybrid Ceramic Detailer and one spray on the Synthetic Clay Pad.
- With light to moderate pressure, glide the Synthetic Clay Pad over the lubricated surface in a back and forth motion until the surface is smooth.
- Wipe surface dry with the included microfiber towel.
- Repeat steps 1-3 until you have completed the entire vehicle.
- For the first use, it’s recommended to break in the Synthetic Clay Pad by claying the windows with the Hybrid Ceramic Detailer. After claying, clean with a quality glass cleaner to remove potential streaking.
- If you drop the Synthetic Clay Pad, run it under water and dry off with a microfiber towel.
- Once done, rinse Synthetic Clay Pad with running water and let air dry in the shade, clay side up.
- Store Synthetic Clay Pad in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.